WriteNow!

Writers write ... right here, right now

WriteNow! Creative Non-Fiction (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Army Profoundly Regrets -- Pt. 1

I was back from a year of flying helicopters in Vietnam. The Army gave me a make-work commo officer job at Ft. Riley, Kansas, a base over…

Started by Chuck Stromme

3 Mar 16, 2009

6 Months a Year My Home Has Wheels

In 2005 we sold our home of 20 years and sold, gave away or put on permanent loan most all of the rest of our worldly possessions, there wa…

Started by adrienne oyler

5 Mar 11, 2009
Reply by adrienne oyler

The Rifle Volunteers

I was thinking of Pipkins recently and I remembered something I wrote back in 2004. I buffed it up a little and here it is, in her honor.…

Started by Chuck Stromme

1 Feb 26, 2009

Breakfast in Georgia

I dine in an old restaurant with close Georgian friends in the early morning hours. Georgians (the Tbilisi Georgians, not the Atlantans)…

Started by Chuck Stromme

5 Feb 13, 2009

Moments of Sanity

There are heroes among us. The old man with the ribbon bar and cane and soiled jacket, the young man with the scars… what are their stori…

Started by Chuck Stromme

1 Feb 1, 2009

My Apartment is WHAT?

This is my essay for tonight's CNF class. The assignment was 250 words on "one event in your life". I suppose she meant something interes…

Started by Chuck Stromme

3 Jan 21, 2009

Emma's Story -- Part 1

This is the story I mentioned in the discussion "Meaningful Feedback". The events are true. The conversations, transitions and dialogue are…

Started by Chuck Stromme

4 Jan 21, 2009

Meaningful Feedback

Feedback. We need it and we fear it. Often enough we don't mind giving it, though. There is something of a rush to unloading on another hap…

Started by Chuck Stromme

2 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Chuck Stromme

What Is Creative Nonfiction?

"Creative Nonfiction". CNF for short here if you'd like. It's a fairly new term for me, too. The first time I heard it I immediately thoug…

Started by Chuck Stromme

3 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by SGTsickcall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Chuck Stromme.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service